The Organic Company is a Danish design company which creates meaningful and tasteful interior textiles from 100% GOTS certified organic cotton
To bring design, quality and organic cotton together. Organic, because conventional is not future proof. We cannot keep on destroying the soil, our water reserves and our wealth.
The brand set up in 2007 by Joy Vasiliev, a visionary, an inspiring and uncompromising entrepreneur. Starting the brand with a questions, “why is it so hard to find textiles that combine great design with organic materials?”
Joy believes that the better the product, the better you take care of it, 12 years later, The organic company produces more than 200 different products and exports to more than 26 countries.
– GOTS is a textile production certification that limits the use of toxic bleaches, dyes and other chemical inputs during the production process of textiles.
– Internationally recognized as the toughest organic textile standard because it goes far beyond verifying the organic farming process to include every step of manufacturing.
– To obtain the GOTS “organic” label, a product must:
- Contact at least 95% organic fiber
- Not be treated with bleach, formaldehyde or any other toxic substances
- Be colored with nontoxic dyes
- Be produced in a mill that enforces strict social and environmental standards, treating their employees and the earth with deep respect.